Experience [Customer Service & Sales]
The Container Store
Design Consultant, 2016-Present
- Expert in custom space design with a vast knowledge of all storage and organization solutions and products sold at The Container Store.
- Design and sell complete, functional and aesthetically appealing solutions.
- Manages the customer relationship development for The Container Store’s in-home, virtual and in-store customers.
- Manages projects from inquiry through installation to provide a seamless customer experience and achieve sales and other goals.
- Develops clientele through networking and referrals, as well as leads generated within the store.
- Plan and execute strategies for closing sales and meeting goals.
Banking and Insurance Solutions Associate, 2016-2017
Serving military members by providing them with their insurance and banking needs and fulfilling the company mission to facilitate the financial security of both the members and the institution.
I ensured every lady and gentleman that shops at our store was having a superior experience and I supervised the staff in delivering said experience.
Service Supervisor, 2012-2013
I was chosen to be part of a team of managers to open our newest location; the Avondale store. This included setting up the store and interviewing and training a new staff to meet company expectations and provide an excellent customer experience. I did various managerial duties including recruiting and interviewing prospective employees on a weekly basis and striving to exceed store sales goals daily.
Receiving Manager & Customer Service Representative, 2005-2012
I oversaw the shipping and receiving room, processing daily shipments and preparing stock for the floor. During my time as receiver our shrink (including marked out of stock merchandise) considerably decreased and our yearly deferred revenue increased exponentially.
Everyday Dishes is an online resource for busy people who desire sensible meals made with better ingredients. We want control of what we eat. We believe food should taste good AND be good for you.
Content Coordinator & Creative Writer, 2015-2018
- Provide creative copy for website content
- Ensure content is produced on time
- Maintain and issue pre-production schedule
- Upload all content to relevant sites on due dates
- Maintain video files on office server, move through workflow
- Upload newsletter and maintain general email account for site
- Perform general managerial office duties
Content Coordinator & Production Assistant, 2014-2015
Promoted to lead content coordinator, ensuring all content is produced, formatted and scheduled for publication properly. Create and uphold multiple publishing schedules and serve as an integral part of the creative brainstorming team. Serve as Production Assistant on video shoot days when producing content for the website and YouTube.
Web Content Uploader, 2013-2014
Main duty consisted of preparing content for publication. Copywriter for meta and YouTube descriptions, ‘fave’ articles, recipes and crafts. Market recipes/crafts on like-minded websites to drive traffic.
Editing Intern, 2010
As the editing intern, I wrote stories for almost every aspect of the magazine, including history and nature for the journal section, celebrity Q&As, Web stories and contributor biographies. In my experience at Arizona Highways, I was exposed to the process of making a fantastic magazine. With the feedback from my editors and the variety of topics I covered, I was able to find my voice by exploring different styles of writing.
The State Press
Administrative Beat Reporter, 2008
I wrote one story a week for Arizona State University’s (ASU) independent daily student newspaper, The State Press. The topics I covered ranged from school charities to professor research.
Arts & Entertainment Editor | Associate Editor | Copy Editor | Office Manager, 2005-2006
I was selected A&E editor my first semester on The Voice, thus spending my whole career on the paper as an editor. My duties ranged widely from brainstorming, page design, graphic design, photography and news writing. I spent two semesters working closely with Julie Knapp as the office manager and learned the ropes of advertising and maintaining the newsroom. In my year and a half on The Voice, I learned about the responsibility of running a newspaper and the ability to adapt to changes in the news and publishing industry.
- Project Management
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Web Copy
- Email Marketing
- Copy Editing
- Pinterest Strategist
- Editorial Manager
- Digital Project Coordinator
- Calendar Management
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Content
- Social Media Graphics
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Basic HTML
- Microsoft Office
- Video Editing Software
- Growth Mindset
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication
- Problem Solver
Rio Salado College
Continuing Education Certificate (CEC) in Automobile Insurance: Customer Service—-January 2017
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree in Journalism with an emphasis in Print & Digital, Minor in Philosophy, Certificate in Ethics—-May 2010
Glendale Community College
Associates of Arts (AA), Associates of General Studies—-May 2008